Ask a new question

Cannot use my Debit Mastercard OS?

Posted by des123 des123
Message 1 of 11 627 Views

0 Kudos

Re: Cannot use my Debit Mastercard OS?

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 2 of 11 624 Views

Hi @des123, thanks for getting in touch.

When overseas you’ll need to be selecting the "Credit" option on your card at an ATM or EFTPOS Terminal, as Savings and Cheque aren't available. There are also a few ATMs that don't accept MasterCards unfortunately, so it's also best to check that you can see the MasterCard symbol prior to attempting to withdraw funds.

If you've already tried this but the card is still not working, you can login to your Online Banking using a PC and select the "Message us Now" button at any time, as via the Forum we are unable to view or provide any personal information I'm sorry. Alternatively, you can call our Contact Centre on +61 8 9486 4130 from a landline overseas. This is a Reverse Charges Number, however as you would need to contact the International Operator in the country you are in, I am unable to advise if there would be any charges applied by the local or international telephone company for contacting the Operator.

I hope this helps, please do let me know how you go.

Was this helpful? Then give it 'Kudos'!

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

0 Kudos

Posted by des123 des123
Message 3 of 11 618 Views

Thanks for responding. I have not used an ATM after my card was rejected at a shop. Is it probable this will be declined? 

0 Kudos

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 4 of 11 607 Views

It would generally only be declined if there was a hold on the card, if the terminal(s) don't accept MasterCards, or if it has been damaged or expired. I do apologise @des123, though via the Forum we can't view your account(s) to see what may be happening with the card. Our Contact Centre are certainly able to look into this for you, if you're able to access your Online Banking from a PC they can do this for you in real time, and you won't need to call Smiley Happy

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

0 Kudos

Posted by des123 des123
Message 5 of 11 591 Views

Thanks. I am in the middle East and often  don't have access to a computer. I will endeavour to try again. There is no block on my card which has more than sufficient funds. This has been a very inconvenient process.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 6 of 11 585 Views

I can certainly appreciate this would be inconvenient @des123. If you're unable to give us a call on the above number or chat to us from your Online Banking, please pop through your best contact number to Forum@bankwest.com.au and we'll give you a call. Don't forget to let us know any applicable country/area codes, as well as your full name and Forum username. Thank you.

0 Kudos

Posted by des123 des123
Message 7 of 11 581 Views

I will be returning sooner due to this issue. If my card is still not accepted in duty free in Melbourne I will change banks.

I am leaving tomorrow now.

0 Kudos

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 8 of 11 579 Views

I do understand your frustration here @des123 and we would really like to help. As mentioned we can't view your account(s) via the Forum, so if you could send your best contact number to the email address above, we will get in touch with you to see what's happening here.

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2018 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.