Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question
Forum Manager

Bankwest Easy Alerts in the mobile App

[ Edited ]
Posted by PeteW PeteW
Message 1 of 13 5,122 Views

ICYMI We launched Bankwest Easy Alerts in the Bankwest App (v2.6.0) on 13/10; a new way to help you manage your banking with customisable push notifications that let you know when certain activity occurs on your eligible accounts.

You have eight different types of alerts that you can set up on your mobile personal transactions and savings accounts. Limited alerts only are available for credit card transactions.

Set an alert to let you know when a new deposit is made to your account, such as your pay, or an alert for when your account balance goes below a certain point and you need a heads up.

If you’ve got a savings goal in mind, you can set an alert for when your account balance goes above a certain amount too. Or if you’ve got an account that requires a minimum monthly deposit to avoid a fee, enable that alert to remind you to top your account up in time.

EasyAlerts options.png ^^ Limited alerts are also available for credit card transactions

We've made it flexible so you can customise specific notifications to help you keep track of your everyday banking on your mobile personal transaction and savings accounts. You can set up notifications for these accounts that are available through mobile banking, or turn off a notification category completely.

To start using Bankwest Easy Alerts, you just need the latest version of the Bankwest App - version 2.6.0 on iOS and Android™. Our post about activating Bankwest Easy Alerts has details on downloading/updating the Bankwest App as well as what you need to do next.

Enjoy! J

Bankwest Easy Alerts are currently supported on iOS 7 and Android 4.0 devices and above. Bankwest Easy Alerts are not available on Windows Phones and tablets.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
○ If you find a response helpful remember to give it 'Kudos'.
○ If it answered your question, make it easier for others to find by selecting 'Accept as Solution'.
New Contributor

Bankwest Easy Alert Feedback

Posted by Dazza Dazza
Message 2 of 13 4,532 Views

Thank you for this service. I am in the process of moving from one bank and back to Bankwest. As I am transferring money slowly across, this is great as it tells me when the money has hit the account. This has been very helpful for, as I know the money has safely arrived.Smiley Happy 

What also is amazing, I transfer the money from Westpac at around 10am in the morning (WST) and reaches Bankwest by 3pm. This is extremely fast compared to other banks. 

Good job guys in developing this. I look forward in the future to other updates and services. 

Re: Bankwest Easy Alert Feedback

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 3 of 13 4,529 Views

Thanks @Dazza for the awesome feedback! We're constatntly working on ways to improve our online banking and mobile app facilities, so it's really good to hear that you're loving it! Smiley Happy

We'll actually be having a live Q&A session on the Forum tomorrow from 12-1pm WST with Justin and Jonathan from our mobile team. We'd love for you to join the conversation and get involved, so make sure to keep an eye out!

0 Kudos
X48
Visitor

Easy Alerts

Posted by X48 X48
Message 4 of 13 4,653 Views

I have your mobile app and consider it quite good. My question (and suggestion) is it lacks the function to alert you of the due date of your credit card payment. I think if this was programmed to send an alert 24 hours prior to the due date it should satisfy most users.  I would find this especially useful (as would many people I imagine) and hope Bankwest includes this in the next update.  I do like your app and believe more enhancements like this would keep Bankwest ahead of the pack. 

Re: Easy Alerts

Posted by SarahF SarahF
Message 5 of 13 4,651 Views

Hi @X48, thanks for your suggestion in regards to Easy Alerts for credit card payments. This is certainly something our team are aware of and will be looking into. In the meantime, if you set a scheduled payment for your credit card, then turn on Easy Alerts for scheduled payments you will then get an alert that way Smiley Happy

Posted by johnconn johnconn
Message 6 of 13 4,627 Views

Agreed.  The app is excellent and the alerts are very helpul, but I'd also add that it'd be good to have ANY charges that hit your accounts indicated by an alert.  Probably more than most people need, but it'd be good to have the option for those that pay very close attention to their accounts. Cheers.

0 Kudos
Forum Manager

Posted by PeteW PeteW
Message 7 of 13 4,622 Views

Thanks for the suggestion @johnconn - I've passed it on to Justin from our mobile app team to add to their list of great customer feedback.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
○ If you find a response helpful remember to give it 'Kudos'.
○ If it answered your question, make it easier for others to find by selecting 'Accept as Solution'.

Re: Bankwest Easy Alerts in the mobile App

Posted by caitlin caitlin
Message 8 of 13 3,382 Views
hi, i need help please?!
i use my app for both my partner & i, but we both get alerted for his account & not my own?
please help so i can be alerted for my own account!?
thaankyou.
0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.