Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

Bankwest App with Fingerprint Login - v2.8.0

[ Edited ]
Posted by SarahF SarahF
Message 1 of 10 3,043 Views

I’m so excited to announce another of our most requested features has been implemented in the latest version of the Bankwest App for iOS users – available very VERY soon. The v2.8.0 update is only available on iOS 8 or later and Android 4.0 and above. The latest enhancements include the following:

For Bankwest Online Banking (BOB) customers using an iPhone:

Access your accounts faster with Fingerprint Login.

Fingerprint Login uses Touch ID technology to enable secure sign in to the Bankwest App. You must have Touch ID and PIN Login enabled on your device, and SMS code set up on your Bankwest account.

Fingerprint Login is only available on iPhone devices running iOS 9 or later, with Touch ID technology. Fingerprint Login is not available on tablets, Android and Windows devices. Terms of use apply.

Follow these simple steps to get set up today:

1. Log in to the Bankwest App.
  2. Open the menu and tap ‘Settings’.
  3. Select ‘Fingerprint Login with Touch ID’ and follow the steps.

IMG_0565.PNG

For Bankwest Online Banking (BOB) customers using an iOS or Android tablet:

Login to the Bankwest App with a 4 digit PIN Login.

For Bankwest Online Banking (BOB) customers using an iOS or Android smartphone device:

• Security enhancements mean SMS Code is no longer required when using PIN Login or Fingerprint Login.
  • Forgot your PAN? You can now find it in the app settings (also on tablets).
  • Locate the newest stores and ATMs (also on tablets).

As always we welcome your feedback so we can continually improve the features available to you on the Bankwest App.

*You must have access to Bankwest mobile online banking and have SMS Code activated to set up PIN Login on the Bankwest App. Terms of Use apply. PIN Login is not available on Online Business Banking. PIN Login is only available on the Bankwest App on smartphones (iOS 7 or later and Android 4.0 and above) and tablets (iOS 8 or later and Android 4.0 and above). PIN Login is not available on Windows devices.

Re: Bankwest App with Fingerprint Login - v2.8.0

Posted by Slipper88 Slipper88
Message 2 of 10 3,031 Views

Great that you have Touch ID for iPhone, any idea when it will be a feature on the iPad app?

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Posted by mikegant mikegant
Message 3 of 10 3,015 Views

I have downloaded the app, there is no settings menu, and i have no options to set sms or any other setting. I am using an iphone 6 with version ios 9.3.2  Am i the only one?? Is it because i have a business account?

0 Kudos

Posted by SarahF SarahF
Message 4 of 10 3,004 Views

Hi @mikegant, these feature are for when you're logging into Bankwest Online Banking (BOB) and are not yet available for Online Business Banking (OBB) if you'd like you can call our contact centre on 13 70 00 to find out if you can get your business accounts on personal BOB.

0 Kudos

Posted by auxtian auxtian
Message 5 of 10 2,973 Views

What about an app for IRIS recognition for Lumia 950 etc

0 Kudos

Fingerprint logins

Posted by Ijf1968 Ijf1968
Message 6 of 10 2,961 Views
I've downloaded the new version of the app, which should allow me to log on with fingerprint sensor on my iPhone 6s+ but everything is the same as before. Any suggestions please??
0 Kudos

Re: Fingerprint logins

Posted by SarahF SarahF
Message 7 of 10 2,958 Views

Thanks for contacting us in regards to this @Ijf1968. Fingerprint Login is aviaable for iOS 9 and later. Do you know if you've got the most up to date operating system which is iOS 9 or up?

0 Kudos

Posted by slaneyrw slaneyrw
Message 8 of 10 2,653 Views

Any timeframe on when this will available on Android.  I've have fingerprint access on my Galaxy s5 with Westpac for almost 12 months

Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.