Ask a new question
FJO
SOLVED
Accepted Solution

Bankwest App - Problem Loading

[ Edited ]
Posted by FJO FJO
Message 1 of 6 131 Views

Hi I have been using the Bankwest app for quite a while now without any problems on my Samsung Galaxy Tab A with android (and it worked fine last Thursday). Now all of a sudden it won't load, it authenticates me then says loading but nothing is happening just continually scrolling the loading message.  I have uninstalled and reloaded the app as well as clearing the Android Cache Partition but am still experiencing the same problem.  Any ideas?

0 Kudos

Re: Bankwest App - Problem Loading

Posted by rotaxh46 rotaxh46
Message 2 of 6 111 Views

I am having the same problem on Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 running Android 5.0.2.

Have been using app for more than a year and it stopped working a few days ago.

Seems to authenticate, but then just sits with white box saying "Loading....."

I have also cleared caches and re-installed. No luck.

0 Kudos

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 3 of 6 106 Views

Hi @FJO & @rotaxh46, thanks for contacting us in regards to this. I am looking into this with our mobile team and will let you know as soon as I have any information on this. Thanks.

0 Kudos
SOLUTION

Posted by rotaxh46 rotaxh46
Message 4 of 6 102 Views

I have resolved my problem.

It appeared to start when Android System WebView updated a few days ago.

I normally only use the BW app with the tablet in landscape mode. I turned the tablet to portrait and attempted login and it worked. I then turned the tablet to landscape while still logging in and the app re-drew correctly in this mode.

I then logged out and logged back in with the tablet in landscape and the app worked normally.

I had a similar problem with another app a while back, which is why I thought to turn the tablet around. The BW app had not updated in a few months so I reasoned that the problem was most likely local to my end.

FJO

Posted by FJO FJO
Message 5 of 6 87 Views

Hi rotaxh46 I followed your instructions and it is now working again.  Thanks for the solution.

0 Kudos

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 6 of 6 77 Views

Thanks for sharing your resolution @rotaxh46. This is really handy to have if it's something that we see pop up again in the future.

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.