Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

Balance Transfer - how long to process

Posted by cricklyon cricklyon
Message 1 of 2 850 Views

I've got an offer for 0% interest for 12 months on Balance Transfers (with 3% transfer fee).

Now I'd like to take this up but the due date on the card from which I want to transfer is fast approaching, and I'm just waiting for a payment to come through on my BankWest card to reduce the balance, so I can easily transfer the whole amount of my other card. 

Once I accept the transfer offer, how long does it take to process with the other bank as I'd like to make sure it is done before the due date on the transferring card statement for obvious reasons.

0 Kudos

Re: Balance Transfer - how long to process

Posted by MegB MegB
Message 2 of 2 841 Views

Hi @cricklyon, a balance transfer usually takes 3-5 business days to be processed and received by the recipient bank

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P
© 2019 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.