Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

Apple Pay

Posted by Andrew5447 Andrew5447
Message 1 of 4 861 Views

I can't believe it's taking bankwest so long to get apple pay i went the shops the other day and forgot my wallet, luckily i am with anz and could use apply pay. Bankwest claim they are trying to make banking easier ... ( I beg to differ) bankwest do offer some products that are great but they are not consistant over other products / serives they offer. I spoken to anz asking about having to switch to them and anz is very competitive and offered me great rates. So sorry bankwest but you have lost another customer. As some news reporters say the big banks are more worried about their profit margins then their customers. http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-03-31/accc-denies-bank-cartel-bargaining-over-apple-pay/8403888

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor

Re: Apple Pay

[ Edited ]
Posted by thewinchester thewinchester
Message 2 of 4 854 Views

Making banking and commercial arrangements happen isn't as easy as waving a magic want @Andrew5447.

Just because the banks efforts to collectively negociate with Apple over Apple Pay have been blocked, doesn't mean they can switch on the feature overnight.

The ACCC decision means that the banks need to negociate individually with Apple over gaining access to Apple Pay, and if you've any business experience - you will know that these kind of large negociations take time.

Then of course there's the technological changes needed to support such systems, which need to be properly implimented and tested so that they give the best customer experience from Day One on launch.

Sure, if you've actually found a better deal that BWA is offering you - then good luck to you and god speed. Just remember to be realistic when it comes to your expecations, and to read the fine print.

0 Kudos

Posted by leena leena
Message 3 of 4 448 Views

Really? ANZ have higher interest rates which is why I haven't switched to them. I've been looking at Macquarie bank who seem on par with Bankwest except they offer Apple Pay as well. After using Android Pay since it got released there's no way I'm sticking with a bank that doesn't offer Apple Pay when I change back to an iPhone later on this year. So much more convenient to pay for things via phone.

0 Kudos

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 4 of 4 429 Views

Hi @leena, we really don't want to see you go, and as an Apple user myself I definitely understand why you want Apple Pay so much. At this stage we don't have info to share on Apple Pay at Bankwest, but when we do, you'll be among the first to hear about it!

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.