Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

Apple Pay

Posted by mac1503 mac1503
Message 1 of 54 9,602 Views

When will Bankwest allow its accounts to be used with Apple Pay???  

Re: Apple Pay

Posted by SarahF SarahF
Message 2 of 54 9,595 Views

Hi @mac1503,

We're continually looking into new features and technology for our customers however at this stage we have no immediate plans for Apple pay. If this changes we will be sure to let our customers know via our Facebook, Twitter and on our Forum Smiley Happy

Junior Contributor

Posted by Enigmaraff Enigmaraff
Message 3 of 54 9,567 Views

It would be great if you also looked at using Android Pay in the future.

Posted by kitatit kitatit
Message 4 of 54 9,542 Views

0 Kudos

Posted by kitatit kitatit
Message 5 of 54 9,541 Views
One more vote for Apple Pay. I know Bankwest is probably under the control of the dark overlord Commonwealth and has limited control over deciding to implement Apple Pay.

However, don't underestimate Apple users loyalty. Call us what you wan't but many of us will chose Apple before we chose our bank. Don't take too long. If BankWest lags by more that 6 months from when the first Australian bank accepts Apple Pay, I'm very likely to move. Other than that, I'm happy with BankWest. Thanks.

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 6 of 54 9,532 Views

Great to hear you're happy with Bankwest @kitatit, I agree that Apple Pay would be awesome, and certainly something we will be looking into! Make sure you keep an eye on the Forum, and our Facebook and Twitter pages for any announcements about this!

0 Kudos

Posted by Jamesk811 Jamesk811
Message 7 of 54 9,517 Views
Also very keen on Apple Pay. It was just announced that Apple Pay will work with AMEX cards in Australia as of this month. So hopefully Bankwest will be one of the next first banks to look at implementing this as I can't see commonwealth, Westpac, Nab or anz giving up profits to Apple. But since Bankwest isn't one of the big 4 banks it will be a great incentive to get more customers to move over to Bankwest.

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 8 of 54 9,515 Views

I agree with you @Jamesk811 Apple Pay will certainly bring some exciting technology to Australia. Our mobile team are always looking for new features for our customers so I'm sure this on their radar. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.