Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question
Highlighted

Apple Pay

Posted by Dnap Dnap
Message 1 of 14 3,918 Views

Hello, are you able to give an approximate timeframe for Apple Pay to be enabled by bankwest? All my corporate credit cards are connected (ANZ, NAB and Amex) but obviously my personal  Bankwest card cant

be. If it is only a matter of  month or two I will hold out but if it is going to be longer (or not even going to happen) i will look to take our account elsewhere.

Re: Apple Pay

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 2 of 14 3,917 Views

Hi @Dnap, I can understand why you're so keen on Apple Pay, and we certainly don't want to lose you as a customer.

At this stage we have no timeframe that we can provide in regards to when this will become available for Bankwest customers I'm sorry - I wish I had a different answer for you. We're constantly reviewing our products and services to ensure we’re making banking easier for our customers, which includes reviewing the best payment solutions.

As soon as we have any news to share, we will do so via our social channels.

Was this helpful? Then give it 'Kudos'!

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

0 Kudos
Wr

Posted by Wr Wr
Message 3 of 14 3,885 Views

Not good enough BankWest. You have been writing similar false apologies for several years now. Tell the truth, Apple have an awesome product and you just want a fatter cut of the pie. 

Posted by Dnap Dnap
Message 4 of 14 3,868 Views

Looking through the history of similar questions regarding this topic it seems that BankWest is not really taking this request too seriously. 

0 Kudos

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 5 of 14 3,863 Views

Hi @Dnap, I can assure you we are taking the requests seriously and all comments regarding Apple Pay are being forwarded to the correct team. I'd really love to be able to give you some more information - unfortunately I don't have any news I can share with you on this.

Was this helpful? Then give it 'Kudos'!

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

0 Kudos

Posted by Mattyk35 Mattyk35
Message 6 of 14 3,628 Views

It doesn’t seem like the request are taken seriously though. otherwise we would have Apple Pay by now. 

0 Kudos

Posted by MartyMcFly MartyMcFly
Message 7 of 14 3,408 Views

It seems the major Australian banks ( except Anz) have a deal together trying to implement

their own pay system. Taking on Apple seems futile. Give the people what they want.

0 Kudos

Posted by WadeHome WadeHome
Message 8 of 14 3,134 Views

The big four banks, including ANZ, had a deal to boycott Apple Pay because they didn’t want to give 10 cents on every $100 to Apple. ANZ broke that deal, the other big 3 banks tried to sue ANZ but it backfired and they soon might HAVE to implement Apple Pay because their deal was anti competitive. The smaller banks are slowly getting Apple Pay, like ING, just hope that BankWest does soon because they’re pretty good! They take their time to do things but they eventually do it really well!

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P
© 2018 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.