Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

Apple Pay vs halo

Posted by Aussie4life Aussie4life
Message 1 of 3 1,150 Views

Hi. I would like to know how much Bankwest has sunk into the development of an insecure and easily skimmable wearable device? Seriously. I have my money stashed in my online saver account at all times because, in this day and age, I know how easy it is to have my account drained and how easy it is to be skimmed. 

So so my question is why would you not use that development money to agree to apples 0.15% service fee plus 7-50c fee for each card added to the apple wallet? How much did the ugly halo cost to develop? 

you do realise that Apple Pay is far more secure than your stupid halo ring? It requires either touch/Face ID in order to activate it. That’s someone’s physical and hard to duplicate approval. Its not skimmable. Its highly unlikely to ever be hacked. And yet you still only care about your profits. This will lose you sooooo many customers, of which I am considering becoming one of them. I have been with you guys for the last 15 years. Does that mean nothing anymore to a company?

and do not give me the generic response I have seen posted on forum posts for the last 3 years otherwise that me be me gone and you down yet another customer

0 Kudos

Re: Apple Pay vs halo

Posted by MegB MegB
Message 2 of 3 1,137 Views

Hey @Aussie4life as an Apple user myself I completely understand where you're coming from with this. 

If you've been reading through past Forum posts regarding Apple Pay, you'll see that we don't currently have any updates on when we expect this to become available. 

I know this is both frustrating and disheartening and am sorry we don't have a different answer for you at this time.

0 Kudos

Re: Apple Pay vs halo

Posted by Aussie4life Aussie4life
Message 3 of 3 1,127 Views

Well that’s laughable. Skim over my questions and literally copy and paste your answer. Utter crap. 

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P
© 2019 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.