Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

Apple Pay the truth.

Posted by Lozzaland Lozzaland
Message 1 of 6 4,012 Views

Please do not reply with a response like...

At this stage we have no timeframe that we can provide in regards to when this will become available for Bankwest customers I'm sorry - I wish I had a different answer for you. We're constantly reviewing our products and services to ensure we’re making banking easier for our customers, which includes reviewing the best payment solutions.

What all bankwest customers want to know on this matter is only the simple truth! Bankwest west says “we constantly review our products and services. This in no way means Apple Pay has been discussed and agreed to be implemented. Bankwest customers want to know why Bankwest management has decided that apple pay will not be interduce to Bankwest customers and is not even on the table to be considered. Please tell the truth 

0 Kudos

Re: Apple Pay the truth.

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 2 of 6 4,006 Views

Thanks for reaching out to us @Lozzaland, we know that some Bankwest customers are frustrated that we don’t currently offer Apple Pay.

We have evaluated our customers’ needs and we’ve looked very closely at the viability of offering Apple Pay.

At present, we’ve been unable to agree on commercial terms with Apple that would enable us to deliver Apple Pay for our customers.

Bankwest customers can currently use Google Pay and the new touch-and-go Bankwest Halo payment ring and we’ll continue to explore new ways of offering our customers frictionless payment experiences that suit their evolving needs and lifestyles.

Was this helpful? Then give it 'Kudos'!

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

0 Kudos

Posted by RP_AP RP_AP
Message 3 of 6 3,973 Views

Bankwest customers can currently use Google Pay and the new touch-and-go Bankwest Halo payment ring and we’ll continue to explore new ways of offering our customers frictionless payment experiences that suit their evolving needs and lifestyles.

Look, some of us are never going to use Google (or Facebook) services because of the privacy invasion assocated with use of those services, though no doubt useful to the businesses who pay to get access to their data (ie Android pay really isnt free to Bankwest or other banks).

Not only that, the constant uploading of information to Google, and/or Facebook, e.g. voice, location, means that Android devices rarely function at a user level as their faster CPUs & larger batteries would lead a purchaser to believe.  Indeed trapping all that user information for upload leads to the flash memory being exhausted years before it would be for an iPhone user.  This may not be an issue for a purchaser who buys a new Android phone every year, but it is for subsequent users of that device (and to get an Android OS update seems to require buying a new phone!).

In fact one of the reasons why iOS is so popular, in usage metrics, is that most iPhones are still in use for at least 4 years (& will likely be on the latest iOS), ie a particular iPhone might have a new owner, but it is still working & being used by later owners.  I've only just swapped out 2 x iPhone 4 (one for a rural relative) for 2 x iPhone 8, to get access to the latest LTE bands for video chats etc, not because either iPhone 4 had had hardware failures (though both had had battery replacements).

Posted by chizzler chizzler
Message 4 of 6 3,075 Views

Please consider me another of your customers who are extremely dissatisfind with this clearly customer hostile decision.  Google is an advertising company and to promote that option over Apples privacy focussed solution is illconsidered at best.  I'm also extremely unlikely to wear a banking ring that can be stolen and offers no merchant tracking protection or anything close to the security and privacy of Apple Pay.

I've been a relatviely happy Bankwest customer for years.  Frankly it would take a huge amount of dissatisfaction for me to go through the hassle of changing banks.  It's no exageration to say i'm at a tipping point.  Combine the shocking ethics of Commbank on display recently and this sort of self interested stonewalling on a highly demanded service and you have a customer who has recently visited ANZ and other banking websites to browse my options.

It would be great to hear Bankwest was reconsidering their position on this.

Posted by zzdavlan zzdavlan
Message 5 of 6 2,670 Views

The truth is CBA calls the shots for Bankwest and while ever a little pathetic bank in Australia thinks it can stand up to a Tech giant from America we will never get Apple Pay, of course eventually CBA, NAB and all the other delusional companies will receive the knock down and they will either fold like a piece of paper or be burnt up in the resulting stock fire sale as investors realise that the bank is no longer competitive.

0 Kudos

Posted by iagor iagor
Message 6 of 6 1,581 Views

BW

I have enjoyed good service from your bank to date. But the lack of movement on Apple Pay is now coming to be a significant issue for me. By October I will shift the accounts of myself and my wife. I acknowledge - no big deal to the bank - but the issue is starting to bite. Of perhaps more significance is that I am unlikely to choose an Australian Bank for the new home of my transactions. I'm afraid the online banking services have left you in the dust technologically and the royal comission has demonstrated how willing you are to exploit Australians (its not like the foreign financial services could do worse).

Unfortunately the issue has now eveolved past the pissing competition over who gets a bigger bit of the transaction fees. You are simply not doing what your customers want. No amount of spin will change that.

I do not normally participate in online forums/discussion groups and it is only the excellence of your counter staff that makes me want to give you this warning. I wish BW every success - but it won't be with my money if your current policy continues.

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2018 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.