Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question
Junior Contributor

Android apps coming to Chromebooks

Posted by Enigmaraff Enigmaraff
Message 1 of 5 2,276 Views

Hi everyone, Man Happy

I thought I would just let the community know that most Chromebooks will be updated to support Android apps in the upcoming. This is great news for us Bankwest customers who will be able to use the app natively on these laptops.

@JonS and @JustinJ any chance you could keep an eye on how this app runs on Chromebooks in the future? I believe Chromebooks will default to the tablet mode, which means it should work currently work fine.

Once the apps have been tested I think it would be great for Bankwest to advertise the fact.

Cheers,

Kain

Mobile App Team

Re: Android apps coming to Chromebooks

Posted by JustinJ JustinJ
Message 2 of 5 2,254 Views

Hi @Enigmaraff

It's very exciting to see Chromebooks supporting Android apps, it will really open up the landscape of what you can do with them. 

And you're right, our app should default to it's tablet mode of display. We need to put it through some testing yet though... 

Junior Contributor

Posted by Enigmaraff Enigmaraff
Message 3 of 5 2,248 Views

Hi @JustinJ,

Thanks for the response. Keep us posted with how the testing goes. Robot Happy

It is indeed very exciting for us Android/Chrome OS enthusiasts.

@PeteW have you tried a Chromebook before? I know how you love your gadgets. Robot tongue

-Kain

0 Kudos
Forum Manager

Posted by PeteW PeteW
Message 4 of 5 2,245 Views

I've literally used one for a few minutes in JB HiFi one time @Enigmaraff so can't say I have much knowledge/experience with them. But I'm interested in the idea of the Bankwest App being used on it so will keep in touch with @JustinJ as to how it all progresses.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
○ If you find a response helpful remember to give it 'Kudos'.
○ If it answered your question, make it easier for others to find by selecting 'Accept as Solution'.
Rookie

Posted by mayhewga mayhewga
Message 5 of 5 1,893 Views

PeterW,

Your local JB HifFi must have some very old stock of Chromebooks as they havent carried them for quite a long time.

I have been using a Chromebook as my main PC for several years now and find the concept very easy to use especially as all my other devices are running chrome on top of Android and all my apps are based around Google. So having android apps will be wonderful.

I wish more retailers would stock Chromebooks so I can see what the latest machines are like, but along with JB Hifi, I see Harvey Norman also no longer carry them.

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.