Ask a new question
GDB
Rookie
SOLVED
Accepted Solution

Android Pay additional cardholder

Posted by GDB GDB
Message 1 of 4 1,135 Views
I am trying to add my credit card to Android Pay. My wife is the primary cardholder, and I am an additional cardholder. The card number is the same on both of our cards, but each card has our own name. We also have separate PINs. My card is already registered in my name in Google Wallet and I have used it to make payments through Google. The card is a Bankwest MasterCard. I could not register my card with Android Pay, and when I called the Bankwest help line I was told I had to register it in my wife's name, as the the primary cardholder. While this did work, it meant that my wife had to do the SMS confirmation, and she also recieved the confirmation email. Further, by registering the card in her name on Android Pay, it changed the details in my Google Wallet, so that my card is now registered in her name. That does not seem right. I am also not sure which PIN I should use for purchases over $100 - mine or my wife's? If the latter, that definitely does not seem right, and I'm guessing it would be a breach of the card terms for her to share her PIN with me. Bottom line is that it seems weird that I can have a card issued in my name as an additional cardholder, and I can use that card in my name for physical or online purchases, but I can't register that card in my name for Android Pay. I checked BankWest's Android Pay T&Cs and it definitely contemplates additional cardholders being registered for Android Pay. Anyone have any suggestions or solutions?
0 Kudos
SOLUTION

Re: Android Pay additional cardholder

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 2 of 4 1,119 Views

Hi @GDB, we'd really like to look into this further as Android Pay shouldn't stop you from loading the card in your own name if you are an additional card holder. For security reasons we can't access or discuss any personal account information over the forum, however if you can please send me an email with your full name, contact number and forum username to forum@bankwest.com.au , we can look into this further and give you a call to discuss this.

Was this helpful? Then give it 'Kudos'!

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

0 Kudos
GDB
Rookie

Posted by GDB GDB
Message 3 of 4 1,054 Views

Hi

This issue is still unresolved.  On the weekend for the first time I tried to use Android Pay on a purchase over $100, which requires a PIN.   My PIN was not accepted - presumably the system was expecting my wife's PIN.   I had to use my physical card, which really defeats the point of Android Pay. 

I haven't had any further contact from BankWest, other than a courtesy email from the Forum team to say that the issue had been passed on for investigation.    That was two weeks ago.  

Hope this can be fixed soon.  

0 Kudos

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 4 of 4 1,032 Views

Hi @GDB, I have just responded to your latest email. I'm really happy that this has been resolved for you. Please let me know if you need any assistance in future :-)

Was this helpful? Then give it 'Kudos'!

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2018 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.