Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question
Rookie
SOLVED
Accepted Solution

Android Pay Australia 2016

Posted by SamsonKein SamsonKein
Message 1 of 19 4,895 Views

Google has recently announced that Android Pay is coming to Australia next year (yay!) and has listed a number of banks that they're partnering with.

How much progress has Bankwest made to implement Android Pay into it's infrastructure? 

Re: Android Pay Australia 2016

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 2 of 19 4,887 Views

Hi @SamsonKein, this is something we are interested in and are looking into, however at this stage we don't have any information as to when this may be. It's certainly something we would let everyone know about once we do have some information we can share, so make sure you keep an eye on the Forum, and also Facebook and Twitter!

Posted by ZiggyStardust ZiggyStardust
Message 3 of 19 4,365 Views

I don't normally whinge on these forums but I know that the squeaky wheel gets the grease and I think bankwest would benefit from knowing just how many of their customers really do care about this.  I think it is not a great look to be seen as dragging your feet when it comes to adoption  of inevitable new technologies and really show signs about being out of touch.  I would be concerned about the people up the top and the ulterior motives for delaying the inevitable to the detriment of the loyal customer base.  

I have otherwise been happy with bankwest but I think in this country customers are way too apathetic about their bank choice with most being welded on for life despite high customer disatisfaction so unless we vote with our feet, people in positions of responsibility will not learn.  

I inform you that I am the process of switching my banking to ANZ, really just so you can count this voice as one amongst many who have been disappointed by bankwest on this issue.

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 4 of 19 4,348 Views

Thank you for your feedback on this @ZiggyStardust, I can certainly understand how you're feeling. This is definitely an exciting technology that a lot of people are excited and wanting to be able to use (myself included!).

While we don't have any new information on this, I can let you know that  that our technology teams are working on a variety of projects in this space and we’ll keep our customers informed about the next phase of exciting initiatives.

0 Kudos

Posted by gyrex gyrex
Message 5 of 19 4,246 Views
Can you please give us a rough time frame? Are we talking weeks, months or years here? We've been waiting years for NFC payments from Bankwest...
New Contributor

Posted by JehniT JehniT
Message 6 of 19 4,116 Views

+10 for this topic!  Yes please, bring on Android Pay please Bankwest!

Tap & Pay Android

Posted by phillipc phillipc
Message 7 of 19 3,746 Views

Hello,

When will this feature be available? Most other banks now have this feature why not Bankwest?

Thank you,

Phillip

Posted by JibuPaul JibuPaul
Message 8 of 19 4,084 Views

Hi there , Answer looks familiar- similar to one i received in 2014 when i asked about NFC payments when combank introduced it. Sadly Bankwest does not keep up with technology. I was a loyal customer and a big campaigner for Bankwest among my friends with your facilities like use any ATM ,Weekend branches etc.

Unfortunately Bankwest is sticking with the old style of banking and only because of that reason I had to move majority of my banking to another bank. May be time for Bankwest digital team to look at the priorities if you want  young tech savvy customers . Imagine a Bankwest having card less pay options , No fee ATM use  and weekend opening hours - enough to attract many. Below is a list of bank who has already signed up with Android Pay -Hope bankwest adapt too -ANZ ,Amex,Macquarie,Bank Australia,CAPE Credit Union Limited,Central West Credit Union Limited,Community First Credit Union,EECU Limited,First Option Credit Union,Goulburn Murray Credit Union Co-Op Limited,Holiday Coast Credit Union Ltd,Horizon Credit Union Ltd,Intech Credit Union Limited,Laboratories Credit Union Limited,Mystate Bank Limited,The Rock,Northern Inland Credit Union Limited,QT Mutual Bank Limited,Queenslanders Credit Union Limited,South West Slopes Credit Union Ltd,Teachers Mutual Bank Limited,The Mac,WAW Credit Union Co-Operative Limited,Woolworths Employees' Credit Union Limited,Wyong Shire Credit Union Limited,Bank Of Sydney,Sydney Credit Union Ltd,Beyond Bank Australia

Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.