Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question
Senior Contributor

Re: Tap & Pay Android

Posted by thewinchester thewinchester
Message 9 of 19 5,710 Views

@phillipc: Take a look at this thread on Samsung Pay (https://forum.bankwest.com.au/t5/Mobile/Samsung-Pay/m-p/2067#M321) the other day.

Short version, BWA haven't announced any plans for either Apple, Google or Samsung Pay at this time.

Their responses seem to indicate they're aware of the demand for it.

Just a matter of wait patiently and see.

Re: Android Pay Australia 2016

Posted by sbor90 sbor90
Message 10 of 19 5,991 Views

+1 for Android Pay please. The technology is mature and the demand exists, what's the hold up?

Highlighted

Posted by Zedicule Zedicule
Message 11 of 19 5,611 Views
Is there an update to this? Other Australian banks are allowing this, security is the responsibility of the user mostly, so what's the holdup?

Looking forward to using latest technology

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 12 of 19 5,606 Views

We don't currently have any new updates on this @Zedicule, however as soon as we have any news that we can share we will make sure to update this post and also our Facebook and Twitter posts. Thanks!

Was this helpful? Then give it 'Kudos'!

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

0 Kudos

Posted by lozza6 lozza6
Message 13 of 19 5,600 Views

Another +1 here!

Please get on it, already using my AMEX card more often now as I can just whip out my phone and tap. Soo easy!!

Looking forward to this feature!

Can finally leave my credit cards at home!

Cheers,

Loz

Posted by Grunger Grunger
Message 14 of 19 5,394 Views

I would also love to see Bankwest use Android Pay too. Hope yoy guys release something soonish.

Forum Manager

[ Edited ]
Posted by PeteW PeteW
Message 15 of 19 5,386 Views

NFC payments is certainly something we're working on @Grunger and will absolutely keep our customers up-to-date as soon as we have info to share. Stay tuned to the Bankwest Forum and this thread and you'll be among the first to know.

Was this helpful? Then give it 'Kudos'!

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

0 Kudos

Posted by will75 will75
Message 16 of 19 5,254 Views
OK.. So I just transferred everything from ANZ to Bankwest including 3 home loans. Experience so far has been extremely average. Won't go into details here but many hours wasted so far on the phone and going good to branch trying to get things fixed as not done correct in the first place and even things being messed up after being fixed and spending more time trying to get fixed again. Issues still outstanding. Wishing I had done more research before changing. There is no explainable reason as to why Bankwest does not have NFC payments. It is a division of CBA which had had it for sometime. Can only think that it is a desicion to provide mediocre service and facilities to Bankwest customers choosing to use the value arm of CBA very similar to the model of Jetstar/QANTAS. (in saying that I've only ever had great service from Jetstar). Assuming Bankwest uses NPS to measure customer satisfaction/loyalty so if any desicion makers ever read this my answer to the standard question of How likely would I be to recommend Bankwest to family and friends would be a 4 at the moment. Detractor. I've voted with my feet once recently and as much as a pain as it is happy to do it again but will give Bankwest division of CBA benefit of the doubt and 6 months to lift their game. Hope other customers speak up if you also want industry standard services in 2016.
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P
© 2019 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.