Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question
SOLVED
Accepted Solution

something is wrong with repayments calculator in personal loan ?

Posted by eleq92 eleq92
Message 1 of 4 407 Views

Hello

In next month im preparing to take a personal loan about 5000 $ for my grandmother in Poland that needs surgery.

So if i want to choose unsecured personal loan (loan term for 3 years) and face 11.99 % (P.A) per year of 5000 $ it's 599.5 x 3 becouse loan is for 3 years so it's 1798.50 $ total interest payable so overall 6798.50 $ 

Not total interest payable 978 $ over 3 years overall 5978 $ like calculator shows.

Can someone explain me why is huge difference ? I'm counting 3 times 11.99 % of 5000 $ 

Regards, Dominik

0 Kudos

Re: something is wrong with repayments calculator in personal loan ?

Posted by eleq92 eleq92
Message 2 of 4 404 Views

I want to add its same with flexible personal loan term 1 year

14.49 % of 5000 $ it's 724.50 $ total interest payable not 401 $ like calculator shows

0 Kudos
SOLUTION

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 3 of 4 362 Views

Hi @eleq92, the interest amount payable will actually decrease each month as payments are made, so you will only pay interest on the remaining balance of the loan each month which is why the amount shown on our calculators would be less than the amount you have calculated on the total amount.

0 Kudos

Posted by eleq92 eleq92
Message 4 of 4 359 Views

Thank you for response Smiley LOL

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.