Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

interest rate on home loan contract

Posted by Nonocoke Nonocoke
Message 1 of 2 300 Views

I have recently applied for the complete variable home loan and I have been told by the broker that the interest rate of the home loan will be 0.2 lower than we discussed before as the reserve bank cut the interest rate recently. I just received the home loan contract yesterday and the interest rate written on the contract is not 0.2 lower so I called the broker. Her answer is that the interest rate will be 0.2 lower but it is not showing on the contract. I just don't understand why because the contract was drafted after the broker told me the interest rate drop. I want to make sure I wil get the correct interest rate before signing the contract.

0 Kudos

Re: interest rate on home loan contract

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 2 of 2 296 Views

Hi @Nonocoke, for security reasons we can't access or discuss any personal account information over Facebook so we'd need to speak with you over the phone to look into this. However I can let you know that our variable home loan interest rate changes took place on the 20th May 2016. So if your contract was issued before this date, the interest rate may be different to the current rate.

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.