Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

Refinancing Loan. Can I speak to the highest team member in loans please.

Posted by Colin2 Colin2
Message 1 of 2 810 Views

Today I was treated like a second rate citizen and was lied to by Bankwest team members.

That is the thanks I get for borrowing 2M at one stage and repaying in full at a business rate at 8% at the time.

I indicate 1.2M in assets and collateral.  I currently owe 275K.

Despite a 925K surplus, I was told I need two payslips after being in the same job for 27 years.  After being bullied (like the banks do) I leave my job to start my own business but apparently that is not good enough.

Even showing an income from the proposed rental property is not good enough.

All I wanted was a bridging loan in which 500K would be paid back as soon as one property sells. Under valuing might I add.

I offered a contract that as soon as I miss one (1) cent of a repayment, you can gladly take my assets and make a 925K profit.

I was told that Bankwest is not in the business of taking people's homes away.  You are not.  I am offering it to you.  Don't tell me a car salesman such as Bankwest has a conscience.

I asked for a copy of the lending criteria and again I was lied to as the member could not find despite 30 seconds before saying it was on the website.   It was simply "Computer says NO." as the computer will not let you get to the next question.  Obviously a CEO decision who must be well educated and bright.

Surely you can see common sense.  Although they say common sense is not that common.

I must be completely stupid for thinking Bankwest want to make money.

Shame on you.  Social media here I come.

Disgruntled long term customer.  Never again will I bank with Bankwest and never will any of my associates.

0 Kudos

Re: Refinancing Loan. Can I speak to the highest team member in loans please.

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 2 of 2 793 Views

Hi @Colin2, I'm sorry to hear you feel this way and I can certainly arrange a call to have this looked into further. Could you please send your full name, Forum username and best contact number to Forum@Bankwest.com.au and I will have our Customer Solutions Team get in touch with you. Thank you.

Was this helpful? Then give it 'Kudos'!

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P
© 2018 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.