Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question
SOLVED
Accepted Solution

Personal Loan

Posted by Nic_28 Nic_28
Message 1 of 2 570 Views

Hi there,

I was wondering if someone can clarify a few things for me about a recent secured personal loan that i took out.

The process was relatively simple, I did everything online, forwarded docs through etc the team called and spoke to me, everything was going smoothly and i was VERY happy with it all. I had to pay out 2 x secured loans as we traded them to buy one new car. I was told then that the remaining excess cash could be deposited into my account and used as i pleased (we were going to put it towards accessories to the car)

So it came time to go into the branch to sign papers - this is when it seemed to become difficult. I had my existing BW loan paid out no problems, a bank cheque for the car yard no problems, now when it came to the remaining funds leftover, they refused to put it into my bank account. They said it had to be in cheque form, which i had to pay $10 for and it needed to go towards something for the vehicle? Or they would have to adjust all the paperwork to decrease the loan amount? Is this correct? I thought that bank cheques wouldve been free if they were part of a loan anyways!!!!!! I was disgusted that i had to pay $10 for each bank cheque and $5 for an OFI transfer??

0 Kudos
SOLUTION

Re: Personal Loan

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 2 of 2 569 Views

Hi @Nic_28, thanks for contacting us in regards to this. For security reasons I can't access or discuss any personal account information over the forum, so I can't see what has happened here or see your loan documents. Can you please pop me an email with your full name, contact number and forum username to forum@bankwest.com.au? I'd like to look into this further and follow this up for you. Thanks

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.