Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question
Highlighted

Personal Loan Experience

Posted by Broadster Broadster
Message 1 of 2 243 Views

I just wanted to provide feedback on a recent experience.  After being a Bankwest customer (and former staff member) for 10 years, my recent refinance of a mortgage took 6 weeks, 3 lots of paperwork to get it right (which involved sending 2 copies each time of the PDS and other booklets - so 6 sets in total delivered to my home).  It was not a good experience at all.

The day after that I received notification of my personal loan interest rate increasing.  After phoning the bank I was advised that there wasn't anything they could offer me in terms of being competitive (fee free, no application fees, reasonable interest rate, etc).

Subsequently, I have just had the most amazing banking experience with ING ... seriously amazing!  I applied for a personal loan the other day (my loan with BW was going from 5% (ex-staff) up to 14% , I called the COTS team and they had nothing to offer me other than a product with a high rate and monthly fees as well as an establishment fee).  I filled out a form online a week ago with ING (9% rate), uploaded 2 payslips, and the offer appeared in my email this morning, I clicked Accept online and then the money was instantly in my account!  There was no paperwork, I didn't have to make phone calls, wait for things to arrive in the post.  It was definitely a truly awesome digital experience.  

0 Kudos

Re: Personal Loan Experience

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 2 of 2 231 Views

I'm really sorry to hear this @Broadster - it's certainly not the experience we want anyone to have and not at all the way we want anyone to be feeling. 

I understand you've already been approved elsewhere, though if you would like to discuss your concerns further please send your full name and best contact number to Forum@Bankwest.com.au, and we'll get in touch. 

Thank you.

Was this helpful? Then give it 'Kudos'!

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P
© 2018 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.