Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

New customer setup fail

Posted by Newcustomer Newcustomer
Message 1 of 6 655 Views

Hoping someone can help me here.

My partner and i recently moved our home loan to Bankwest, but have been unable to gain full access to all our products after settlement because I never received my secure code via TXT message (my partner received hers).

Last night I tried the online reset for secure codes but was told I had to call. So I did.

Here's where my problems start.

Apparently I must've answered some of the security questions incorrectly, because I'm now requested to visit a branch so they can verify my identity. 
I've checked with the broker and the application forms have my mobile number listed correctly, so all I need is the code sent out and I can continue setting up my accounts. The application has a copy of my driver's license and all other relevant details.

Can someone please assist in getting the code resent to my mobile ?

0 Kudos

Re: New customer setup fail

Posted by SarahF SarahF
Message 2 of 6 652 Views

Hi, I'm really sorry to hear of the issues you've had when trying to get access to your online banking and speak with us over the phone. It seems that when you answered some of the security identification questions our answers didn't match what you said. There will now be a hold on your accounts till you can pop into a Bankwest store to be re-identified and update the answers to your questions (to avoid this happening in the future) I'm really sorry for any inconvenience caused!

0 Kudos

Message 3 of 6 650 Views

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure what I answered incorrectly as nobody would tell me. But, i suspect it may have been because i was asked what my phone banking pin was, and i gave the one my partner had just setup. Perhaps that was the incorrect part.

Regardless, I'm not interested in verfiying my identity, I'd just like the secure code issued as it should've been a few weeks ago, to the mobile number that was listed on the application paperwork. (Along with my identification information).

0 Kudos

Message 4 of 6 643 Views

Plus it's a bit hard to answer questions about the account, whilst i'm ringing to get the account setup !??

0 Kudos

Posted by SarahF SarahF
Message 5 of 6 597 Views

I understand your frustration however as you've failed ID you will need to go into Bankwest store to be identified, at this point we can ensure all your details on our system that we use to identify you over the phone to avoid this happening in the future.

0 Kudos

Message 6 of 6 590 Views

I'm not sure you do.

I was asking for a code to be sent again. A code which was sent out to the other joint account holder with no ID check whatsoever. Why should i have to waste my time and money travelling to a branch to confirm my identity for a process which doesn't require ID verification in the first place ? It makes zero sense.

Since i received no further updates on Friday, i DID waste my sat morning visiting a bank. Surprise surprise, the teller informed me that this happens all the time on new accounts and agreed everybody finds it quite frustrating. 

It's now fixed.

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.