Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

My investor fixed rates home loan - can’t ‘withdraw’ from the available balance

Posted by sophuuu sophuuu
Message 1 of 2 422 Views

I have a fixed rate loan that I have been moving extra funds in to ontop of the minimum monthly repayment amount. I just noticed, both in the app and on the website for online banking, that I would not be able to access the available funds should I want/need the money. Just wondering what the reason is for that? It’s different for a variable loan where you would be able to move money back out of the loan account. 

0 Kudos

Re: My investor fixed rates home loan - can’t ‘withdraw’ from the available balance

Posted by MegB MegB
Message 2 of 2 415 Views

Hi @sophuuu to withdraw from the available balance of your fixed loan, you'll need to complete the Home Loan Access Request.

Our fixed loans don't have the online transfer function as a deterrent because if funds above the minimum monthly repayment are credited to the account, the Fixed Loan Additional Repayment Fee may apply. This fee is outlined in your fixed loan contract. 

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P
© 2019 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.