Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

Issue with Discharge Home Loan Mortgage

Posted by philwil philwil
Message 1 of 2 78 Views

I was provided with paperwork to discharge our house mortgage from Bank West, however the paperwork did not contain the "Application Number - as provided by BankWest".  This information is required in two places on the  "Mortgagor Identity Verification Form" and on the back of the return replied paid envelope to BankWest. 

I contacted you, unfortunately it appears I was provided with the incorrect application number.  I found this out when I phoned the following day regarding a footnote in the instructions. 

I now had another issue as I had by now recorded the incorrect Application Number on the Mortgagor Identity Verification Form.  I asked if the current "Mortgagor Identity Verification Form" was available as a download, but was advised it was not.  The printed guidance note leading to my final question then indicated only one form would be required. 

I am now advised that two Mortgagor Identity Verification Forms will be required and the current download form is available.  I rechecked the Application Number and that appears to be correct.  It is disappointing that the paperwork was incomplete and the guidance instructions a little confusing at an important point. when forwarded to me.  I do thank the last operator I spoke with for his assistance, as I await an email from the back office regarding this matter..

However it is frustrating to have to make three calls and wait on the phone for what I am sure are simple questions for people who work in the area of mortgage discharge.

Perhaps a helpline could be setup to assist punters like myself to receive accurate and timely advice first time around.  

:smileyfrustrated:

0 Kudos

Re: Issue with Discharge Home Loan Mortgage

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 2 of 2 77 Views

I'm sorry to hear of your experience @philwil, can I ask what number it is that you called us on? I'd like to ensure your feedback is passed on.

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.