Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

Home loan rate enquiry (callback wanted)

[ Edited ]
Posted by Joel Joel
Message 1 of 4 720 Views

My wife and I have a home mortgage together and she also has an investment property under her name.

Recently the mortgage rates on both loans was increases despite no increase from the reserve bank on interest rates.  In January, my wife called the Watergardens Bankwest in Victoria to see if our loans could be reviewed to see if they could do any better on our mortgage rates.  She was told someone would call her within 24 hours.  A couple of weeks passed without a call, so she called again, and again was told someone would call her back within 24 hours.  Another week went by and still no call so she called again and was again told that she would be contacted within 24 hours.  This was a week ago.  We are starting to get pretty annoyed and frustrated.

Is this the type of customer service we can expect from Bankwest or is it just isolated to the Watergardens branch?  If we don't matter to Bankwest then we will consider going with someone else who will offer better customer service.

What do I need to do to make sure someone calls my wife tomorrow to review our loans to see if we can better rates???

RE: Home loan rate enquiry (callback wanted)

[ Edited ]
Posted by SarahF SarahF
Message 2 of 4 702 Views

Hi Joel, thanks for contacting us in regards to this. I'd really like to arrange a call to look into what's happened and what options we have that may suit you. Can you please email us at forum@bankwest.com.au with your full name and contact number so I can arrange the call. Thanks!

0 Kudos

Re: RE: Home loan rate enquiry (callback wanted)

Posted by Joel Joel
Message 3 of 4 692 Views

Hello and thank you for your response.  As requested, I've just emailed my wife's full name and the phone number that she can be reached on tomorrow.

0 Kudos

Re: RE: Home loan rate enquiry (callback wanted)

Posted by SarahF SarahF
Message 4 of 4 690 Views

Thanks @Joel, I'll arrange a call tomorrow to discuss.

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.