Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

Home Loan Rate Change Communication

Posted by ganesh ganesh
Message 1 of 2 385 Views

Hi,

I'm an existing home loan and everyday banking customer.

Just noticed the Home Loan rates have gone up out of cycle which is disappointing. But more troubling is the manner these changes get communicated to us customers.

The letter I received yesterday (18 Apr 2017) says the new rates are effective 7 Apr 2017. I'd rather receive such commnication before the changes come into effect.

Not a great customer service example, sending these letters after-the-fact. What benefit does that letter serve when the bank has already jacked up the rates? Is it merely for the regulatory compliance?

0 Kudos

Re: Home Loan Rate Change Communication

Posted by Thiru Thiru
Message 2 of 2 382 Views

Hi

i become BankWest customer 6 month bank and received similar communication on rate rise which is disappointing.

looking for alternate options in so quick time.

-thiru

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.