Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question
SOLVED
Accepted Solution

Changing type of card in home loan package

Posted by Dimitry Dimitry
Message 1 of 2 193 Views

Hi, forum,

I am in the process of refinancing my home loan with Bankwest.

The settlement is due in a few days and I received a welcoming package with  Platinum Qantas credit card as part of the package. I would rather to use a Platinum More Rewards credit card. 

After speaking with the Bankwest representative over the phone, I was reassured that this is a simple process and involves me contacting my mortgage broker and requesting a "credit card conversion form". My broker advised me that he doesn't have such form and by default not allow to do anything with the credit cards in the home loan package after the Royal Commision.

I trying to reach the Bankwest over the phone again, but it seems impossible at the moment.

Have anyone had success in changing the type of credit card in the home loan package?

Advice, please.

Regards,

Dmitry

0 Kudos
SOLUTION

Re: Changing type of card in home loan package

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 2 of 2 154 Views

Hey @Dimitry , sorry for the info you've received here - I'll ensure this is addressed with so that the appropriate training can be provided.
This would just require a Credit Card Variation form, which you can obtain from a consultant in our Contact Centre. Once processed, the existing card number will still be valid, for 10 days while the new card is sent. 
Our Contact Centre are available 24/7 to assist with this, by calling 13 17 19, or you can log into your Online Banking and select "Ask Us" via the Mobile App or "Message us Now" from a PC. 
Thank you. 

Was this helpful? Then give it 'Kudos'!

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P
© 2019 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.