Ana
SOLVED
Accepted Solution

superannuation and TFN

Posted by Ana Ana
Message 1 of 2 624 Views

Hi, 

I've had a Bankwest account since 2009.

I have however been overseas for a little 2 years now.

I am not a permanent resident or citizen.

My questions are as follows: 

1. I want to takeout my superannuation as I am allowed to as a non-resident and...

2. Can I have this superannuation deposited to my Bankwest account?

3. Once I take my superannuation out, my current TFN will be invalid...

4. So without a TFN what are the tax consequences (if any) for a non-Australian resident?

0 Kudos
SOLUTION

Re: superannuation and TFN

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 2 of 2 624 Views

Hi @Ana, thanks for getting in touch.
Depending on your account type, you'll certainly be able to have your Superannuation deposited to your Bankwest account. Whilst you will be charged Non-Resident Tax, the rate is determined by the ATO.
If you would like any further information on any Tax implications, you may be best to speak to the ATO directly, or to your personal Tax Advisor.

Hope this helps!

Was this helpful? Then give it 'Kudos'!

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P
© 2018 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.