Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question
sm1

Why can't I send money to England?

Posted by sm1 sm1
Message 1 of 2 106 Views

I have a friend in England who I'm really hoping to get some money to, and it seems strange that, given our closeness with England (and the fact that we're part of the commonwealth), I cannot send money there. Why is this the case and is there a way around it?

0 Kudos

Re: Why can't I send money to England?

Posted by MegB MegB
Message 2 of 2 103 Views

If you're registered for SMS code and can receive the code to your Australian mobile number @sm1 , you can process an international transfer through your online banking by clicking 'Payments & transfers' > 'Make a payment' > 'International transfer' > follow the prompts. The fee for this is $15. 

If you're unable to receive the SMS code for any reason, you can complete the International Transfer Application Form. The fee for this is $35. Once completed and signed by hand, this can be attached to a BankMail through the 'Message centre' of your online banking for processing. 

When the form is received by our Payments Team, they will contact you within three to five business days to confirm your identity and the details of the transfer. They will get in touch with you during Western Australian business hours. Please ensure that the number we have recorded on your customer profile is the number that you wish them to call you on. If needed, this can be updated by calling 13 17 19.

We may use correspondent banks to complete your payment. Other bank charges and fees are unknown to us and therefore not accounted for in the fees quoted above. This could mean the recipient may receive a lesser amount in their account than what you had originally sent.

If you request to recall the payment for any reason, the other bank may still debit an unknown amount for incurred costs. You may also be charged for further out of pocket expenses and agent fees which are not charged by Bankwest. Other bank fees and agent fees are out of our control.

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P
© 2019 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.