Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

Why I am unable to make a foriegn transfer to my new student account?

Posted by laichong1991 laichong1991
Message 1 of 2 250 Views

My parents want to transfer money to my student account, but the bank keeps telling them the swift code is not right and the swift code of Bankwest has changed. The swift code I told them is BKWAAU6P. Is this right? What's the problem?

0 Kudos

Re: Why I am unable to make a foriegn transfer to my new student account?

Posted by SarahF SarahF
Message 2 of 2 243 Views

Hi @laichong1991, I'm unsure why they may be getting this error as our SWIFT is BKWAAU6P. Student accounts can accept international transfers so there should be no issues there. It may be best for them to speak with their bank to confirm all the details of the transfer.

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.