Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question
SOLVED
Accepted Solution

Using halo ring overseas (USA)

Posted by Jinx Jinx
Message 1 of 3 1,199 Views

Does anyone know why I am not able to use my halo ring as contactless payment at Starbucks in the USA? The terminal accepts my Bankwest credit as contactless but not my ring. 

0 Kudos
SOLUTION

Re: Using halo ring overseas (USA)

Posted by MegB MegB
Message 2 of 3 1,189 Views

Hi @Jinx, I'm sorry to hear your Halo hasn't been working in Starbucks. That's definitely frustrating, especially when you're hanging for that coffee fix.

We do find that most of the time, it's a simple matter of holding your hand in a fist (as if you were knocking on a door) in front of the EFTPOS terminal, without actually making contact with the device. This should resolve any problems.

We normally don't find a fault with the Halo but, as is a possibility as with all technology, these things can happen. If you're still experiencing issues using your Halo, please pop into your closest branch when you get home and we can check this for you.

0 Kudos
SOLUTION

Re: Using halo ring overseas (USA)

Posted by Jinx Jinx
Message 3 of 3 1,176 Views

Thanks MegB. I tried again at a different location and it worked this time. Still don't know why it didn't work the first time (I made a fist both times) but I suspect it was probably user error as I know my halo is functioning correctly because I used it before I left. Now I just need to find a real coffee shop. 

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P
© 2019 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.