Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

Unable to log in overseas

Posted by Maureen Maureen
Message 1 of 9 1,353 Views

Hi we are overseas until Sept.  We can't access our account as have bern locked out due to wrong pin number being put in. We have rung bank west via Skype to be told they can't help.  We need to be able to access our accounts.  We went through all the security checks but still told they can't help 

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Re: Unable to log in overseas

[ Edited ]
Posted by thewinchester thewinchester
Message 2 of 9 1,353 Views

@Maureen: Without disclosing any personal or private information in the forum - did they specifically state why you were locked out and/or the reason they were unable to assist? That will better enable fellow forum users and the Mods to give you better assistance and support.

Secondly, there's no need to ring by Skype when things go wrong when travelling. If you need urgent assistance when overseas, you can make a reverse charge call to +61 8 9486 4130.

And if it's because you've had a card lost or stolen whilst travelling, Mastercard and Visa have local numbers in a majority of countries - who can help get the card replaced, or an emergency cash advance if needed. See the link for their numbers.

Also, with the latest version of Bankwest's app released today, it's even easier to temporarily block a card from within the app. Download the latest version to find out how.

0 Kudos

Message 3 of 9 1,348 Views

Hi. Just before we left home about two weeks ago. We were locked out of our accounts and they couldn't tell us why. We had to go into a bank to sort it out.  When we are overseas we use different mobile and I think when we tried to log in it was obviously different pin number to what was set back home. We tried a couple of times but then locked out. We called the bank went through all the time security checks on the phone and no problems then get to the end of all the questions and they tell us as we had pin changed only recently which was by no fault of ours they can't give us a new pin and we have to call back at another time. Problem with this is they can't give us a date or time to call back so we don't know if its 1 day or a week or how long. I thought I was doing the right thing by going online and letting them know we were heading overseas and just presumed that they would take this into account and not require sms to do transactions.  Now we can't do anything and don't know when we will be able too.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

[ Edited ]
Posted by thewinchester thewinchester
Message 4 of 9 1,341 Views

That does sound like a problem @Maureen.

As it sounds like an issue related to their security and identification procedures, this is really going to be outside the expertise of any customer who uses these forums to help you with.

The bank's Social team usually knocks off at 1700 AWST, so they won't be able to see this post until tomorrow, or offer to have you get in contact with them via their special email address to see how Bankwest can reach out and help.

I'll send them an alert with a trick I know, and you might be lucky enough and they can respond to this post sooner.

However, if it's urgent - i'd strongly consider calling the overseas reverse charges number as soon as humanly possible, and asking them for a clear and precise answer on exactly what needs to be done, and how to do it, so you can regain prompt access to your accounts.

My only other possible suggestion is looking at what your travel insurance provides if you run into financial difficulty whilst travelling. They may grant you access emergency funds as part of the policy that may be able to tide you over until these issues are resolved - so if you have a policy covering your travels, now is a good time to check it and understand what coverage it might offer for this situation.

Really wish I could offer more help than that, but fingers crossed it's resolved for you as soon as humanly possible.

0 Kudos

Message 5 of 9 1,335 Views

Hi again. Not a huge urgency but more frustrating than anything.  Its ok if you are in Oz as you can pop into a local branch and sort it out. When you are overseas it's not quite that simple. But no give and take from the customer service as apparently its there policy, no I might be able to transfer you to someone who can help, its just ring back another time and we will see if we can sort it out. What if we ring tomorrow? You can try but I can't guarantee I will be able to help then either.  Just want a time frame so we can organize other methods with other banks that might want to help. Anyway not holding my breath. 

Cheers again 

0 Kudos

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 6 of 9 1,331 Views

Hi @Maureen, I'd really like to be able to look into this for you and see if there is anything I can do to help, As @thewinchester mentioned we are only available during WA Business hours via social media, so we've only seen your post this morning. If you can please pop me an email with your full name, a contact number we can call you on overseas (including any necessary area and country codes), your forum used name and a brief description of the issue ( a copy & paste of what you've written above is fine) I will escalate this to our Customer Solutions Team to call you and discuss further. The email address you'll need to send this to is forum@bankwest.com.au. Thanks!

0 Kudos

Message 7 of 9 1,326 Views

Thanks to Gail for calling us today. We now have access to our account.  All sorted in a 10 min phone call which could have been done yesterday.  Excactly same questions asked and answered.

Thank you Gail 

Message 8 of 9 1,323 Views

Also big thank you to thewinchester.

Cheers 

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.