Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

Traveling to Japan

Posted by geeringj geeringj
Message 1 of 6 123 Views

Good morning,
I am traveling to Japan in a few weeks.

WIll I be able to use my Bankwest VISA Debit Card there?
I look forward to hearing from you.
Kind regards,
Jennifer

0 Kudos

Re: Traveling to Japan

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 2 of 6 121 Views

Hi @geeringj, at Bankwest we actually only have Mastercard debit cards available. You can use these anywhere that accepts Mastercard. Thanks

0 Kudos

Message 3 of 6 85 Views

Thank you for your reply - just to check, I can use my mastercard debit card that i use here over there?

Also, could you tell me the best way to go about getting some Japanese money before I go?

Thank you,

Jen 

0 Kudos

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 4 of 6 84 Views

You sure can @geeringj, just make sure you select the "credit" option when you're overseas, as "cheque" and "savings" will only work within Australia.

You can order foreign cash to pick up from Bankwest stores online. You can view the details here: https://www.bankwest.com.au/personal/international/foreign-exchange

0 Kudos

Message 5 of 6 83 Views

Hello,

I am trying to order some cash online as per a link given in this forum

I would however like to collect it from the Miranda branch in Sydney, howeve it does not seem possible to be able to do this.

As I am working full time, I am unable to go in to the city to collec the money. Can you suggest the best way for me to get this cash through travelex?

Kind regards,
Jennifer 

0 Kudos

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 6 of 6 81 Views

There is a limited number of stores that the funds can be collected from @geeringj, in NSW I believe it is only the George Street store.

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.