Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question
SOLVED
Accepted Solution

Traveling overseas to Kazakhstan

Posted by Jimbo Jimbo
Message 1 of 4 202 Views

Hi everyone,

I'm travelling overseas later this year and because I'm not taking my usual Australian phone number with roaming (will be using local SIM cards), if there can be exemptions placed on the SMS codes before I go?

For example I have to pay the hotel accommodation at the hotel when I get there. Was also wondering if the SMS code applies to overseas ATM withdrawals or is it just credit card terminal usage only

Many thanks 

0 Kudos
SOLUTION

Re: Traveling overseas to Kazakhstan

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 2 of 4 199 Views

Hi @Jimbo, great question.

An SMS Code would be required if you’re transferring funds via Online Banking, to a new, or previously unsaved recipient. It's not necessary for ATM withdrawals or EFTPOS payments Smiley Happy If you'd like more information on this, please click here.

If you are unable to access your registered Australian mobile number, an exemption can certainly be placed on the SMS Code requirement. To have this actioned you will need to be verbally identified, so we would ask that you call our Contact Centre on +61 8 9486 4130 from a landline overseas. This is a Reverse Charges Number, though as you would need to contact the International Operator in the country you are in, I am unable to advise if there would be any charges applied by the local or international telephone company for contacting the operator.

It might also interest you to know, if you use the Bankwest Mobile App with a PIN or Fingerprint login, you should not require SMS security when processing a transfer.

Hope this helps!

Was this helpful? Then give it 'Kudos'!

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

Posted by Jimbo Jimbo
Message 3 of 4 197 Views

Hi Danae,

Thanks for your swift response. Ok that's good to know, just wanted to check and not be left in trouble if I couldn't pay for things when I was there!

0 Kudos

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 4 of 4 195 Views

My pleasure Jimbo, have a safe trip!

Was this helpful? Then give it 'Kudos'!

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2018 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.