Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

Travel insurance

Posted by bobkew bobkew
Message 1 of 2 378 Views

Hi

I had booked a trip to the US, some of it booked on my Breeze platinum card. I have had to cancel the whole trip as I have been diagnosed with DVT, deep vein thrombosis, and have been advised not to fly. 

I have managed to get refunds on all but one part of the trip, a flight from Las Vegas to LA, as the terms were it was a non-refundable ticket. Is it possible that I can get a refund as it was booked on my Breeze credit card?

0 Kudos

Re: Travel insurance

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 2 of 2 378 Views

Hi @bobkew sorry to hear you have had to cancel your trip! As the flight was purchased using your Breeze Platinum Mastercard, you may be eligible for a refund under the complimentary travel insurance. We recommend contacting the insurance providers Allianz Global Assist as they'll be able to let you know if this is something you can claim under the policy and if so, they can also assist you with the claim process. You can give them a call on 1800 785 918.

I hope you're feeling better soon, and able to fly again in the future!

Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.