Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question
SOLVED
Accepted Solution

Travel - Making large payments

Posted by Biggles Biggles
Message 1 of 4 664 Views

Hi,

I'm heading overseas in a few months on a sports tour, and while I'm away I'll be acting as the team's Treasurer.  This means I need to pay all the Hotel bills and other travelling costs.  I need to make sure that I don't run into problems with a daily spend limit, and also I want to avoid any extra fees.  Can I load up my Bankwest Platinum Card with a positive balance and withdraw from that?

0 Kudos
SOLUTION

Re: Travel - Making large payments

[ Edited ]
Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 2 of 4 652 Views

Hi @Biggles, thanks for your question!

You can certainly load up your card with a positive balance, however if you're intending on withdrawing funds while overseas as cash, this may incur an Overseas ATM fee ($5) and also a Cash Advance Fee (this will be $4, providing the account is still in a positive balance.)

In regards to a spend limit, this wouldn't apply when using the card to make purchases or pay for services, however there would be an AUD $1500 withdrawal limit per day if using ATMs.

By using a Platinum MasterCard Credit Card you would however avoid any foreign transaction fees, as these are waived for this type of card.

Posted by Biggles Biggles
Message 3 of 4 649 Views

Sounds good.  So as long as the trader that I'm dealing with accepts Credit Card, I should be fine?  I don't intend on withdrawing cash

0 Kudos

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 4 of 4 644 Views

Yes, that's right @Biggles as long as they accept MasterCard, you should be fine Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.