Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

Sms

Posted by Juliecanova Juliecanova
Message 1 of 4 1,510 Views

I am in Egypt and am desperately trying to book an over night train but keep getting SMS notification which I can't do as there is no phone network here. I have only email contact as I have no AUSTRALIAN or international phone only email. I have notified the bank that I was coming oversees. I need to have this problem rectified immediately as if I cannot book this train I will miss a flight that I have already booked and paid for. 

Julie 

0 Kudos

Re: Sms

[ Edited ]
Posted by MegB MegB
Message 2 of 4 1,506 Views

Hi @Juliecanova, I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble purchasing the ticket and can appreciate this is concerning. 

To have the SMS Code security function removed, we'll need to first verbally ID you I'm sorry. 

If you have a phone number at your current location we could call you on, please send me an email with your full name, Forum user name and the number to Forum@bankwest.com.au so I can have someone call you to assist further. ^Meg

0 Kudos

Posted by Juliecanova Juliecanova
Message 3 of 4 1,488 Views

Hi Meg, as I said previously I have no AUSTRALIAN or international phone only email. If you cannot change my credit card I insist you do it for my MasterCard debit card and remove the SMS alert as this is my money in this account not Bankwests and I should be able to decide how I use it, not a bank. I will be traveling for another four weeks overseas and I need this problem fixed immediately. The only way I could verbally identify myself is through face book messenger.  Surely there must be a way for this problem to be fixed. 

0 Kudos

Posted by MegB MegB
Message 4 of 4 1,483 Views

I'm sorry I don't have another option for you @Juliecanova, I understand this is frustrating. 

You definitely have the control over how you use your money, which is why we recommend contacting us prior to departure so we can place the SMS exemption on your file before you leave  to prevent these situations from happening.

Is there a contact number we could reach you on at your accommodation perhaps? Or if you're traveling with someone could we contact their number to speak with you? 

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P
© 2019 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.