Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

SMS verifcation code while overseas exeption

Posted by eastface eastface
Message 1 of 4 452 Views

I am overseas pementantly, I am trying to make payments within Aus with my account, I was getting SMS codes, i dont have acces to that  mobile number so i have turned them off on a permenant exemption. Now I get a prompt that  I can not make any transactions as I have no sms code turned on.  So how do i make payments? 

0 Kudos

Re: SMS verifcation code while overseas exeption

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 2 of 4 452 Views

Hi @eastface, can I ask what transactions it its that you're trying to perform? When there is an SMS exemption in place, providing you have a secret questions set up you will still be able to transfer amounts of up to $5,000 daily to Australian accounts or BPAY billers. Transactions above $5000 or to an overseas account do require an SMS code.

If you are experiencing issues with the above transactions, we'd need to look into this further for you, which we can't do via the forum for security reasons. If you would like to chat to us about this further and have someone look into this for you, you can access our Live Chat service by logging into Online Banking using a computer and selecting the orange "Chat Now" button during WA business hours.

0 Kudos

Posted by eastface eastface
Message 3 of 4 449 Views

It is under 5000$ to an Australian account. 

0 Kudos

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 4 of 4 429 Views

To look into what's happened here @eastface, we need to speak with you. If you can log into online chat we can discuss this further. Alternatively if you can access a phone, we can be called from overseas on +61 8 9486 4130.  This is a reverse charges number. To use this number from outside Australia please contact the international operator in the country you are in and request to be put through to +61 8 9486 4130. Please note: we have no control over any charges applied by the local or international telephone company for contacting the operator.

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.