Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question
Highlighted

Require a debit card without a chip

Posted by kekilgannon kekilgannon
Message 1 of 2 303 Views

Hi there,

Last time I went to Japan, I got caught out because they don't trust MasterCard chips. Even though I was using my debit straight from savings, no bank or ATM would accept my card. I had to transfer money to my partner so he could withdraw it for me using his chipless card issued by Westpac. He has two cards, one with a chip, and one without.

May I please be issued a chipless debit card so I don't have this happen again? I think I'm due for a new card soon, so if I could please be issued on with a chip and one with no chip that would be brilliant.

I'd also like to request my new cards be purple.

Please email me with any steps I have to take to complete this.

Thanks,

Kate

0 Kudos

Re: Require a debit card without a chip

Posted by MegB MegB
Message 2 of 2 288 Views

Hi Kate, thanks for reaching out. 

To request a new card, please put your request in writing via the BankMail option of your online banking (you'll need to be logged in using the full website). You'll need to confirm the account number the chipless card is to be linked to and your postal address. 

Our Debit Mastercards (with the chip) are available in black, blue, green, red, orange and pink. Our standard debit cards (without a chip) only come in orange I'm sorry. 

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P
© 2019 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.