Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question
SOLVED
Accepted Solution

Receiving payments from abroad

Posted by Fleur Fleur
Message 1 of 5 1,030 Views

Hi there,

I recently travelled overseas to see family and rented out a number of properties for my stay. I paid for these via International Bank Transfer with no problems. I am now owed my deposits back and have been asked for the relevant details in order for this to be done.

I am unsure of the exact information that i should pass them and want to ensure I get this right for obvious reasons. Please could you let me know what information I should pass on and/or where I may find this?

Thanks you in advance!

Fleur

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
SOLUTION

Re: Receiving payments from abroad

Posted by thewinchester thewinchester
Message 2 of 5 1,025 Views

You're in luck @Fleur, there's a page on the Bankwest site exactly for that:
http://www.bankwest.com.au/personal/payments-services/moving-your-money/international-payments

Receiving money from overseas

If you need to deposit funds into your Bankwest account from an overseas account then you’ll need the Bankwest SWIFT code (BKWAAU6P), plus your BSB and account number.

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 3 of 5 1,019 Views

Thanks for your question @Fleur Smiley Happy

@thewinchesteris correct, to receive money from overseas you'll need to provide the person transferring the funds with your BSB & Account number and the Bankwest SWIFT code, which is BKWAAU6P.

0 Kudos

Posted by newbie2016 newbie2016
Message 4 of 5 661 Views

i also read need to supply my home address when giving out details for incoming payments.  I dont want to divulge this information.  please confirm they only need my acct number, bsb, name and swift code for BW.

thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Manager

Posted by PeteW PeteW
Message 5 of 5 660 Views

Totally understand @newbie2016. Whilst the transfer itself should only require Account Name, BSB, Account Number, SWIFT Code to be processed, the sender may require additional information or their own systems or those of the bank they're transferring from. So we can't necessarily confirm/guarantee that as we don't know what other banks requirement, especially internationally.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
○ If you find a response helpful remember to give it 'Kudos'.
○ If it answered your question, make it easier for others to find by selecting 'Accept as Solution'.
0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.