Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

Receive money from overseas

[ Edited ]
Posted by GeoffEritrea GeoffEritrea
Message 1 of 3 483 Views

My husband has sent 3 transfers to my Bankwest account and each time they get returned.

He did the first 2 by online banking via his Standard Bank account , the tried manually advising them by phone all the details. He has included everything the Bankwest bank requires as per the Bnakwest Website.

The 2 first two were sent back after 30 days even though he included all the relevant information.

The transfer, communicated over the phone to their head office, apparently got to Bankwest but sent back after about 5 days with the excuse that I didnt confirm with the bank that the funds were arriving, My husband put a trace on the funds after 5 days after being annoyed that the first 2 failed and was told the Bankwest had just returned the funds because i didnt confirm it - It didnt even get conatcted by the bank. 

Here is their response verbatum:

------------------------------------------

Dear Mr Lawrence

I’m writing to you in reference to the payment which you submitted 02.08.2016 to xxx xxxxxxx at BANK OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA LTD. for AUD6469.28 under payment order number PON xxxxxx.

We have been advised by the beneficiary bank that the payment cannot be completed as a recall of funds were requested.

Please be advised that your account numbered xxxxxxxx has been credited with USD4,796.22 for value 23.08.2016.

Our case reference for this is xxxxxxxx

Kind regards,

-------------------------------

He has lost $274 in transfer fees and ex rate changes trying to get this money to me.

I need this money to live on and we are at a loss to what we need to do more to have a successful transfer

Please assist

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor

Re: Receive money from overseas

Posted by thewinchester thewinchester
Message 2 of 3 482 Views

@LyndsC @SarahF: Personal info in the original post needs to be removed!

---------

@GeoffEritrea: Ftom what you've posted, it sounds like the person sending the money needs to speak to their bank. There is a high likelihood that either 1) Bankwest weren't able to match the funds to an intended account due to insufficient information, or 2) Based on reading the response your husband received from the sending bank - the person sending the funds asked for the transaction to be cancelled (recalled).

There are no confirmations needed from the customer when receiving international payments.

When receiving funds into your Bankwest account from an overseas bank, the sender needs to include the SWIFT code, and  the BSB and account numbers. Depending on how the sending bank captures information, the BSB and account number may have to be entered into the same field.

Make sure that your husband has the correct information (Swift code, BSB, and account number). You can also contact Bankwest's call centre if you need to confirm this information, especially if you don't have access to Internet Banking.

0 Kudos

Re: Receive money from overseas

[ Edited ]
Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 3 of 3 474 Views

Hi @GeoffEritrea for security reasons I have removed any account number or personal details from the post above.

Thanks @thewinchester for your answer above, it does sounds like the person sending the funds would need to contact their bank to discuss why the funds are being received and that the correct information is being sent.

For security reasons we can't access or discuss your personal account information over the forum, so I am unable to see if there is any notes on your account as to what may have happened here, if you can please give us a call on 13 17 19, we can look into this and discuss it further. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.