Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

Paying minimum fees on fraudulent transactions

[ Edited ]
Posted by butteries butteries
Message 1 of 4 531 Views

Hi, I have not used my credit card in several years, and have been meaning to cancel ( it is now cancelled ). 

I was hacked in november (but did not notice due to not using this account) and then again was hacked in January - which was identified by Bankwest who contacted me. 

Having not used the account in years, and been the victim of crime, im now being requested by Bankwest to make a minimum payment fee, and a late transaction fee, on these frauduant transactions - which seems entirely unfair. 

Having made these minimum payments now, and being out of pocket, please advise why as the victim here im paying a minimum fee on criminal transactions Bankwest themselves identified?

In these circumstances, any late payments or due amounts should have due dates suspended until the end of the investigation so that the Bankwest customer (ie the victim) is not punished. 

0 Kudos

Re: Paying minimum fees on fraudulent transactions

Posted by MegB MegB
Message 2 of 4 508 Views

Hi @butteries, I'm so sorry this has happened and can appreciate this is incredibly frustrating. 

Would you mind sending through your Forum username, full name and best contact number to forum@bankwest.com.au so we can look into what's happening here?

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Posted by butteries butteries
Message 3 of 4 500 Views

Hi MegB. 

Details  were emailed  early this morning at 709am, but not a peep from anywhere since. Was reply to my original post an automatic reply with no substance or will I hear back regarding this issue?  I hope bankwest haven’t become another company reactive to forum and social media posts but not really addressing the customers concern. I’d rather bankwest contacted me directly rather than posting some public post rubbish which addresses nothing.

if you are a real person, then please contact via the provided details. I don’t wish to pay more fees due to fraudulent transactions that bankwest themselves discovered and notified me of. This is infuriating!

0 Kudos

Posted by MegB MegB
Message 4 of 4 483 Views

Hi @butteries, I'm very sorry for the delay in my reply. We're looking into this for you and will be in touch as soon a possible. 

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P
© 2019 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.