Highlighted
Forum Manager
SOLVED
Accepted Solution

Overseas travel notification

[ Edited ]
Posted by PeteW PeteW
Message 1 of 6 5,313 Views

If you're heading overseas (we're likely jealous by the way) you should let us know your travel plans to help us with any investigation and remediation of suspicious activity on your accounts.

Simply log into the Bankwest App, go to 'International' in the main menu and select 'Going Overseas' and submit the form. If you haven't already got the Bankwest App (you totally should by the way Smiley Happy) just submit the travel notification form in online banking under 'Self service' then 'Going overseas' in the main menu and we'll make note of it on your account(s).

If you're using SMS code please call us on 13 17 19 from 8am-8pm local time (before you go!) so we can make sure you can still shop online and access all online banking features while you're away.

Here's what to do if your card(s) are unfortunately lost or stolen and check out these handy travel tips to better prepare you for your trip.

If you find a payment is being declined, first ensure you're selecting 'credit' and if you still have trouble it could be because of our fraud prevention controls. Give us a call on +61 8 9449 2840 (24/7) and we'll take a look at it for you. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
○ If you find a response helpful remember to give it 'Kudos'.
○ If it answered your question, make it easier for others to find by selecting 'Accept as Solution'.
SOLUTION

Re: Overseas travel notification

Posted by sassy sassy
Message 2 of 6 5,295 Views

Awesome great idea Smiley Happy

0 Kudos

Posted by Gabba Gabba
Message 3 of 6 3,493 Views

Everything happened so quick, I missed turning off the sms notification.

Currently in the UAE.

Please contact me via email so I can start to fix the problem.

Many thanks,

Gab

0 Kudos

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 4 of 6 3,482 Views

Hi @Gabba, for security reasons we can't access or discuss any personal account information via the forum or email, so we'd need to speak with you to discuss this. You can call us from overseas on +61 8 9486 4130.

This is a reverse charges number. To use this number from outside Australia please contact the international operator in the country you are in and request to be put through to +61 8 9486 4130. Please note: we have no control over any charges applied by the local or international telephone company for contacting the operator.

0 Kudos

Posted by Maria Maria
Message 5 of 6 1,189 Views

I am already oversseas and i want to use my online banking but I cannot verify my SMS code since my SIM is not working. How do i get rid of the sms code?

0 Kudos

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 6 of 6 1,183 Views

Hi @Maria, we would need to put an SMS code exemption in place while you are overseas. To do this we need to speak with you over the phone. You can call us from overseas on +61 8 9486 4130.  This is a reverse charges number. To use this number from outside Australia please contact the international operator in the country you are in and request to be put through to +61 8 9486 4130. Please note: we have no control over any charges applied by the local or international telephone company for contacting the operator.

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.