Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

Need to use my credit card at an ATM in Morocco

Posted by Fabsie80 Fabsie80
Message 1 of 2 561 Views

Hello,

I am over in Marrakech at the moment and I stupidly left my debit card at my sisters in London. 

I have run out of cash so will need to use my credit card at an ATM (if it works) I have a Platinum Qantas card. I have seen in Australia there is a cash advance fee of 21.99% is that the same for overseas too? So can you explain how this cash advance fee works? So if I just take out $50 Aud, will I get charged 21.99% on top of that? I can pay that off my cc straight away too! 

Thanks! 

0 Kudos

Re: Need to use my credit card at an ATM in Morocco

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 2 of 2 518 Views

Hey @Fabsie80, thanks for reaching out.

You can certainly withdraw funds from an ATM where Mastercard is accepted, just keep in mind that there may be restrictions on how much you can withdraw at any one time. It's also important to note that a Cash Advance Fee of 2% or $4.00, whichever is the greater, will apply if the account has a debit balance after the withdrawal.
In situations where the credit card account has a credit balance after a cash withdrawal (ie an available amount over and above the card limit), a fee of $4.00 will apply. This fee is waived when withdrawing cash using Bankwest stores, Bankwest Online Banking, Bankwest ATMs and Commonwealth Bank ATMs.
To stop cash advance interest from accruing, you will need to Contact Us to obtain a payout figure. This figure represents the current outstanding balance and accrued debit interest on your account. As interest calculates on a daily basis, this figure changes from day to day, and will need to be paid in full to stop the interest from accruing.

For further information on how interest is calculated and how payments are applied to your account, you can Click Here.

Thank you.

Was this helpful? Then give it 'Kudos'!

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P
© 2019 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.