Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question
Tru
SOLVED
Accepted Solution

International travel insurance

Posted by Tru Tru
Message 1 of 3 399 Views
To be eligible for the travel insurance- Do I need to have paid for my international flights from Australia with my card or is spending more than $500 on overseas travel expenses (train passes & europe to UK Flights & car hire) enough to qualify?
0 Kudos

Re: International travel insurance

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 2 of 3 387 Views

Hi @Tru, as long as you  have spent more than $500 on prepaid travel expenses you should be covered. You can check this with Allianz Global Assistance on 1800 785 918. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Tru
SOLUTION

Re: International travel insurance

Posted by Tru Tru
Message 3 of 3 376 Views
Update & Note to all other forum users:

I called the Allianz Global Assistance hotline @LyndsC provided in her response and spoke to a rep there. He confirmed that the return flight tickets from/to Australia had to have been purchased using the card AS WELL AS spending the $500 travel expenses on the card. Both requirements need to be met. Not just the latter.

I bought the flights before I got my BankWest card, So Im not eligible for the complimentary travel insurance coverage.
Bit disappointed but c'est la vie.
I had a policy before I got the card anyway - but it doesn't hurt to be extra clear on the full, specific details before I cancelled that other travel insurance policy.
0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.