Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

International Transfer from Overseas

Posted by Halullat Halullat
Message 1 of 2 237 Views

I am currently overseas, wishing to make an international bank transfer. I cannot receive an SMS to my Australian phone number. I have alerady organised an SMS code exemption. However, on the bankwest website, it advises that  need to remove the SMS code exemption in order to complete the transfer (contrary to advice I received that I needed to arrange this SMS code exemption). It would be great if I could avoid calling.

Any guidance on the matter would be much appreciated!

0 Kudos

Re: International Transfer from Overseas

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 2 of 2 229 Views

Hi @Halullat, I do apologise for any confusion here.

If you're wanting to make an International Transfer via your Online Banking, you will require an SMS Code to complete the process for security reasons.

If you're unable to do this, you can complete an International Transfer Form via this link. The completed form can be emailed directly to IMT.Retail@bankwest.com.au - who will contact you within three to five business days to confirm your identity and the details of the transfer. 

It's important to ensure that you have a current contact number on file so that the team can get in touch prior to processing the transfer, therefore if you need to add an international number please login to your Online Banking from a PC and select the 'Message us Now" button at any time.

I hope this helps, please let me know if you require any further information.

Was this helpful? Then give it 'Kudos'!

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2018 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.