Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

International Money Transfer - Missing funds

[ Edited ]
Posted by mg_garma27 mg_garma27
Message 1 of 4 648 Views
Hi Bankwest team,

Money was meant to be transferred from overseas (Saudi Arabia NCB); however, Bankwest has rejected this transaction. Money has been successfully transferred twice previously into the same account and so I thought there would not be any issue with this transaction. However, unfortuantely, we were informed by NCB that the beneficiary bank (Bankwest) rejected the funds. Worse,  the whole amount did not bounce back and about $10 000 USD is missing (SR27, 320.07 to be exact). 

I gave the Bankwest Customer Service a call and was informed that they can not do anything on their end since they are not the sender. As stated in the attached report, NCB (bank in Saudi Arabia) informed us that Bankwest has rejected the funds but did not give a reason and that Bankwest should be able to explain this

As such, if Bankwest completely has no liability over this transaction (being the receiver) please provide an official document giving the reason why the funds was rejected as well as why a significant amount is missing. If possible, also please provide a document stating that Bankwest has rejected the funds and why it is NCB that holds responsibility to find out what happened to the transaction. With this, we could use the document to show NCB that Bankwest has no liability over this transaction and for them to action this immediately.

Assistance on this matter would be greatly appreciated! Thank you. 

Regards,
Mary
0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Re: International Money Transfer - Missing funds

Posted by thewinchester thewinchester
Message 2 of 4 642 Views

The forum might not be the best place to address this concern @mg_garma27, given the complexity of the issue.

You might be best to contact the Retail International Money Transfers team for help (IMT.retail@bankwest.com.au) on this one.

The Forum Admin team may post back here as well, and may offer an email address to contact them - so they can connect you with someone directly to assist.

0 Kudos

Posted by mg_garma27 mg_garma27
Message 3 of 4 632 Views

I wasn't too sure who to contact as there weren't any email addresses available online so your response is really appreciated! I just sent them an email. Thanks! Smiley Happy

0 Kudos

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 4 of 4 626 Views

Thanks for your response @thewinchester Smiley Happy

It would be best to speak with you directly @mg_garma27, as we can't access or discuss any personal account information over the forum. If you can please email me your full name, forum username and contact number to forum@bankwest,com.au,  I will arrange a call ASAP. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.