Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

Iban airbnb

Posted by Jerard Jerard
Message 1 of 2 90 Views

I understand that aus doesnt run Iban numbers but my airbnb account will not let me past untill i have entered a valid iban and swift code.

I have entered the correct swift code but my bsb and account number combined is not sufficient for the iban section. I have heard there needs to be a country identifier at the start of the iban and i want to know if i use   (AU BSB ACC) will that still come to my bank if it accepts those parameters?? 

Eg iban- AU05508811111111

0 Kudos

Re: Iban airbnb

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 2 of 2 83 Views

Hi @Jerard, thanks for your enquiry.

As you have mentioned, IBANs are not used in Australia, but for some payments being received into Australia from IBAN mandatory countries the sender may need to provide an IBAN. To satisfy this requirement, your Bankwest BSB and account number should be combined and given to the sender.

Because you have advised that completing the above does not work, we would suggest reaching out to Air BNB for a solution or an alternative payment method. This is because as Australia is not an IBAN mandatory country, we wouldn't be able to advise if adding a Country Identifier would be accepted as sufficient I'm sorry.

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.