Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

Re: INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 9 of 13 900 Views

Hi @BlueSky, I'm just looking into this for you with our online banking team and will let you know as soon as I have the information Smiley Happy

Was this helpful? Then give it 'Kudos'!

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

0 Kudos

Re: When we transfer in AUD online, does it mean the money will NOT be converted automatically?

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 10 of 13 897 Views

Hi @BlueSky, I have responded to your other post and am looking into this for you. I will let you know as soon as I have the answer. Thanks!

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

0 Kudos

Re: When we transfer in AUD online, does it mean the money will NOT be converted automatically?

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 11 of 13 887 Views

Hi @BlueSky, I have spoken with our online banking team and been advised that when you transfer funds in AUD, it will depend on the receiving bank as to whether they will automatically convert the funds. While we can certainly send the funds in AUD, we can't actually stop the bank receiving the funds from converting them to their local currency upon arrival. It would be best to check with the bank you are sending funds to, to find out if they accept AUD. Thanks!

0 Kudos

Posted by BlueSky BlueSky
Message 12 of 13 884 Views

I have transferred money in AUD to that account before.  I did it at a BankWest store (I have ticked the box "Do not convert" in the form) and the overseas account indeed accepts AUD as it is an AUD currency account.  What I need to confirm is that when I do int'l transfer online and transfer in AUD, will BankWest automatically convert the money to local currency unless I indicate NOT to convert?  And where can I indicate Not to convert online?

0 Kudos

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 13 of 13 868 Views

In this case @BlueSky, if you transfer the funds in AUD we will not automatically covert the funds. If the account is an AUD account, it's unlikely that the receiving bank would covert them, however I can't speak for another bank and you would need to check with them to be certain.

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P
© 2020 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.