Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question
CEP
SOLVED
Accepted Solution

INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER

Posted by CEP CEP
Message 1 of 13 855 Views

I looked at making an international transfer from my account to an offerseas currency acount but it doesn't offer transferring Australian dollars - it wants to only transfer Aus dollars to US or Euro or GBP.  Can I make a currency transfer in Aus Dollars to then effect a Forex exchange in the recipient country at a better exchange rate?

0 Kudos

Re: INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 2 of 13 852 Views

Hi @CEP, Can I ask which country you're trying to send funds to?

0 Kudos
CEP

Posted by CEP CEP
Message 3 of 13 850 Views

Hi - yes it is the UK.

0 Kudos
SOLUTION

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 4 of 13 848 Views

I've just had a look into this @CEP and our online international transfer does allow you to send funds in AUD, you just need to select this from the drop down box. Thanks!

0 Kudos
CEP

Posted by CEP CEP
Message 5 of 13 843 Views

Thanks for that - will check - I dont recall seeing that in the drop down on mine - but will look again.  

0 Kudos

Posted by BlueSky BlueSky
Message 6 of 13 740 Views

Hi, I like to confirm - when we select to transfer in AUD online, does it mean the money will NOT be converted automatically? or do we need to tick/select NOT to convert somewhere?

0 Kudos

Message 7 of 13 736 Views

Forgot to mention - I like to confirm this because on the Int'l transfer form there is a box to select "Do not convert if required". In the terms and conditions clause 2, it states that Bankwest will complete a currency conversion prior to sending your payment unless, for AUD, you instruct us not to by ticking the box in Section 3 of the Application.

I don't know if this applies to online int'l transfer or not. Can you please confirm? thanks.

0 Kudos

When we transfer in AUD online, does it mean the money will NOT be converted automatically?

Message 8 of 13 729 Views

Subject: International Transfer

Hi, I like to confirm - when we select to transfer in AUD online, does it mean the money will NOT be converted automatically? or do we need to tick/select NOT to convert somewhere?

On the Int'l transfer form there is a box to select "Do not convert if required". In the terms and conditions clause 2, it states that Bankwest will complete a currency conversion prior to sending your payment unless, for AUD, you instruct us not to by ticking the box in Section 3 of the Application.

I don't know if this applies to online int'l transfer or not. Can you please confirm? thanks.

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.