Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question
SOLVED
Accepted Solution

Fraudulent Transaction Refund

Posted by awmac1 awmac1
Message 1 of 4 1,601 Views

Hi,

I had fradulent debits from my Mastercard 11 days ago and had to get a replacement card. Can you please tell me how long it will take to re-credit those transacrions?

Thank you.

Re: Fraudulent Transaction Refund

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 2 of 4 1,600 Views

Hi there @awmac1, really sorry to hear this has happened to you.

Once you have completed and sent the Dispute Form back, our Chargebacks Team will initiate their investigation. They do endeavour to resolve a dispute within 6 - 8 weeks of receiving the form - as these may require them to liaise with other financial institutions and merchants, they need to allow reasonable time for the other party to respond.

You'll be contacted within this time frame if anything further is required, and you're welcome to follow up at any time by calling 13 17 19, or by logging into your Online Banking and selecting "Message us Now" from a PC, or "Ask Us" via the mobile app.

Thanks!

Was this helpful? Then give it 'Kudos'!

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

0 Kudos

Posted by awmac1 awmac1
Message 3 of 4 1,598 Views

Thanks. I haven't filled in a Dispute Form as I was contacted directly by Bankwest Fraud Team on this and they instigated the actions. I presume the answer will still be 6 to 8 weeks?

Rgds,

0 Kudos
SOLUTION

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 4 of 4 1,587 Views

That's a little different @awmac1, as they'll take care of everything for you. The time frame will vary dependant on a number of factors, though generally it's around 4 or so weeks. If you have any queries, give our Contact Centre a call on 13 17 19 and they can pop you through to the Fraud Team directly.

Was this helpful? Then give it 'Kudos'!

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P
© 2019 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.