Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question
SOLVED
Accepted Solution

FX

Posted by AfricaEddie AfricaEddie
Message 1 of 4 156 Views

I have recently been consolidating accounts and obtained a Bankwest Platinum Debit card linked to my easy transaction account. I was told that when using this card overseas there are no Bankwest fees for the ATM withdrawal and provided there was a balance of $6,000 in the account there were no overseas transaction fees for the conversion.

Can you confirm this is correct?

I also have obained a Bankwest Platinum Credit Card to replace my 28 Degrees Mastercard. I understand how this works on purchases. Can you explain if I load cash before I go and withdraw cash from a foreign ATM while in credit and do not exceed my credit amount what fees and charges will I be up for?

Thanks

Eddie

0 Kudos

Re: FX

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 2 of 4 156 Views

Hi @AfricaEddie, I'm sorry for any confusion here. Whilst there is a minimum monthly deposit requirement of $4000 to be eligible for the Platinum Debit MasterCard to prevent the monthly maintenance fee from being charged, the 2.95% Foreign Transaction fee and $5 Overseas ATM Access fee will still apply.

Regarding your Platinum MasterCard Credit Card, you can certainly deposit additional funds onto the card to bring your available balance above the credit limit. So long as the available balance remains above the credit limit after the cash withdrawal, you will be able to withdraw cash from an ATM without the Cash Advance Interest being applied. You will however, still be charged the $4 Cash Advance Fee. As this is a Platinum MasterCard Credit Card, the 2.95% foreign transaction fee is waived.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Posted by AfricaEddie AfricaEddie
Message 3 of 4 155 Views

Hi Danae

Many thanks for the clarification.

I am now wondering what benefits the Platinum Debit Card provides me? Do I just dispose of it and retain the debit card I have on this account as it appears the costs to use it overseas are exactly the same. BTW I have package home loan so does the monthly fee on the platinum debit card apply if I should go below the minimum limit?

Thanks

Eddie

0 Kudos
SOLUTION

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 4 of 4 152 Views

It would be up to you as to how you would like to operate the account @AfricaEddie, be it with a standard Debit MasterCard, or a Platinum Debit MasterCard. If your transaction account that the card is linked to is part of the package then there would be no maintenance fee, however not depositing the required amount may result in an inability to utilise the extra features - ie the Concierge Service.

You can view the main differences between the Standard and Platinum Debit MasterCard by clicking here.

Thanks!  

Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.